Tuesday, September 29, 2009

oscar grant R.I.P

Photobucket
Picture taken @ the first protest I went to. That's me in the pink and green. Jan 14, 2009


I am excited about being apart of this upcomin protest. I am very pasionatte about this incident. I did not know Oscar Grant but this touched me. My friend was on the train when this happened and I remember her trying to tell me what happened the next day.

Its crazy how a policeman someone we trust to protect us, shot a young man at point blank range. His excuse is "I reached for my tazer" bullshit! You are a trained officer, you went for one side then went for the other... stood up... pointed... and within 2-3 second... shot... you shot a unarmed 22 year old father. No matter how defiant he was you took his life! And because of you, he will never get to see his daughter grow.

Stuff like this happens all the time. Like sean bell who was shot 50 times on his wedding day. Some policemen abuse their power. And the justice system will cover the policemens asses! How in the hell did OPD bail Oscar Grants killer out? I will not call him by his name. He is not a human to me. I hope the justice system does find justice for Oscar Grant. I hope they do not let this person go free. He's been free for months now. He needs to be locked up. If it was any normal citizen this case would be over and the person would be serving life or they would be on death row.

UPCOMING PROTEST:
KEEP THE TRIAL IN OAKLAND JUSTICE FOR OSCAR GRANT
RALLY at Court Hearing to Keep Mehserle's Trial in Oakland
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 2*, 8:00am
Rene C. Davidson Courthouse
12th St. + Oak (near Oakland City Center/12th St. BART Station
(Change-of-venue hearing starts at 9:00 AM*)
Details may change.
Updated info at BAMN.com/OscarGrant

No comments:

Post a Comment