Monday, October 12, 2009

groupies

A groupie is a person who seeks sexual and/or emotional intimacy with a celebrity or other authority figure. -Wikipedia

Groupies! I don't even know where to start! As some of you know I am a promoter and have worked with some of the best west coast artists and even some national acts. I have seen my share of groupies and even have been called a groupie.

So what is a groupie?
Well above [wikipedia] explains a groupie as one who seeks intamacy from a celebrity or authority figure. From what I've seen a groupie is basically any fan who obsessivly goes to a rappers show, or does anything they can to get that artists attention. Even sleeping with his entorage to get to him. I've heard of females poking holes in condoms and even "turkey basting" themselves to get pregnant by a artists.

Groupies in promotion:
like I said I've been called a groupie. My whole squad has. But I think people call us groupies [which seldomly happens] because they see us as a threat to their business, or iono life? Lol. We are respected and strive on keeping our business relationships just that... business. On the otherhand.. I've seen video, pictures, and have been told by the reciever that there are promoters that exchange sexual favors to advance in the business or get a certain artist to do something for them for free. Those promoters are not being taken seriously and behind closed doors are laughed at. Some promoters use the title "promoter" to cover their groupie tendencies, which sucks for the promoters who are out there grinding and networking their asses off to advance in this business.

Male groupies:
Yes! I do not care what you say there are male groupies! They also will do whatever they can to get in good. But with male groupies the "double standard" comes in and its different, they aren't considered groupies. Which is unfair... I've experience a couple male groupies... hmmm okay MALE GROUPIE #1: you know how like in ever 10 mile radius there is that one guy "Mr.Network" who "networks" with every one but when he introduces him self he has to be like "yeah what's up? Member me? I'm ray rays cousin... yeah u know? Ray ray who's sister has a baby with young capone, you just did a track with him like 3 months ago!" He's not exchanging sexual favors to get something in return... but he is trying to get in good with the artist so he can get something in return. MALE GROUPIE #2: this is the male groupie who trys to hump every close female around a certain rapper thinking he can game up or pipe down at least ONE of the rappers close female friends or even sister so he can get that verse or even hang out with that artist at the club... smh! Told you they exsist... feeling guilty? Its you! Lol

Groupies... but no sexual activity: is this possible? Or are they considered fans? I would say they are fans, but some people might disagree... lately it seems that everyone is a rapper, dj, promoter, producer etc... there's so many of us its hard to point out or recognize a fan when you see one. I know whenever I get around Balance I freeze up... I'm not a groupie, never have got at him in a groupie way. But I am a fan! I respect his music and hardwork... but to a closed minded person, someone who doesn't know who I am would see me as a groupie, but i am a FAN.

Groupies VS Wifes/Girlfriends:
Ughhh omg! I feel for the wifes or girlfriends of these artists soooo much! I ain't gonna lie... some of my girls have had FULL RELATIONSHIPS with artists. My BD is a rapper but I'm one of the females that was with him before that's what he wanted to fully presue. No one wants someone coming and recking a home. I'm not going to say a happy relationship because something maybe wrong for him to cheat... but its unfair for the wife/girlsfriend who has stuck by her mans side. Threw thick and thin... to hell and back and then have to deal with groupies? Most of these wifes/girlfriends where there before these men became "famous". And then it could be all ruined over. Groupie? That's not fair to the wives or the families that they have made with/for these men.

Artist & Groupies: I know some artists who don't even look twice when a groupie is in their face. there should be some kinda effn award for that lol. and to those that don't, the "I get loney" excuse? eff that.... there is masturbation, phone sex, shit if you get money like that fly your wife or girl out. Can't do that? Have willpower and love for yourself or her not to fall into the "spell" of the groupie hoe. Lol... Or how about don't even be in a relationship and them "f*ck every girl in the 'groupie' world"! You won't be just saving any relationship you might be in, but you could be saving someones life.


"Ima F*ck your whole group, baby ima groupie" -Lil Wayne

Groupies outside of Music:
we see this everyday so it is possible... I even have a friend who has been the groupie of a couple group of males. She's not proud of herself now... but she will admit it. [So I'm not talkin ish closed minded haters] but we ALL know that certain female who has slept with EVERY guy in your crew... EVERYONE of them... you don't? Its you then lol

Why do Groupies do this? Self esteem? They want to be loved? We can say it stems from that. I mean self esteem is mainly the root of all evil... when women do not have esteem for themselves they do drastic thing to feel better about themselfs. The male groupies its the same thing, self esteem. They want to be the cool guy hanging out with the cooler guy. They want to be excepted and well liked... we can't say its for the money because that would be a goldigger and that's a whole different blog. Lol

My definition of a groupie from what I have expirenced is:
a homewreacking suckubuss scallywhoop, who will go to any extreme for a sexual encounter with a celebrity or authority figure"

But for some people:
"Groupies make the world go 'round"
SMH!

Well I hope I covered all GROUPIE bases in this blog... I think I have... lol

Note to groupies:
just because he says he's a artists doesn't really mean he is... its 2009... everyone raps... shit I've even ghostwritten... you wanna hump me now?? Lol I'm good!

Thanx to Michelle Espo for this topic suggestion. I've seen on her twitter lately ranting about Groupie Hoes... they are really annoying aand stressfull but keep doing you girl and eff them hoes... follow her on twitter @prettiesexi Mahal Kita Meshi!

Whooo long ass blog! Tell all ur friends about my blog. As you can tell I do shoutouts and give credit where its due... so thanx again to my readers... I WUBE y'all!

xoxo
-tay

3 comments:

  1. I knw I give the groupie hoes heat, I never touched on the guys b4... && ur SOO right: guys DO need 2 have the will-power 2 do wuts right. They need 2 respect for themselves and/or their wife/gf. Back 2 those groupies chicks... I have 2 much 2 say but Ima keep it short. Use wuts on u shoulders && not between ur legs. Never rely on a man to do for u when u can ALWAYS do BETTER for urself. Respect urself. An independent && smart female makin her own ends will always TRIUMPH over hoe-tendencies! Word up. Dueces. (mad <3 Tay! Gr8 blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LET ME BREAK THIS COMMENT VIRGINITY! I F-N LOVE THIS ONE AND I F-N HATE THESE GROUPIES. THEY MAKE RELATIONSHIPS HARD TO HAVE WITH ENTERTAINERS AND THEY MAKE WORKING IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY AND BEING A WOMAN DIFFICULT BECAUSE WE HAVE TO PUSH THROUGH ALL THE PUNK ASS OBSTACLES THEY SET UP...LIKE NO! JUST CUS THAT BITCH "IS" A "PROMOTER" AND DID SOMETHING STRANGE FOR A LIL BIT OF CHANGE DOESN'T MEAN I'M ON THAT HYPE...I'M HERE FOR THE MONEY HONEY! AND NOT THE CHANGE...THIS IS A JOB! ANYWAYS THANKS - A - LOT - TAY - THIS WAS MUCH NEEDED, APPRECIATE THE TIME YOU TOOK TO WRITE A KICK ASS BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I GUESS I GOT LUCKY ME AND BIGG HAVE BEEN KNOWING EACH OTHER SINCE HIGH SCHOOL. THESE GROUPIES, HOES,WHATEVER, NEED HUGS, IM WONDERING IF THEY HAD A FATHER FIGURE IN THIER LIVES.I WONDER IF THIER MOTHERS TOLD THEM HOW BEATIFUL THEY ARE AND THAT THEY DONT NEED A MANS "LOVE" IN ORDER TO BE HAPPY.ITS TRUE THAT SELF ESTEEM IS AN ISSUE.

    I HAVENT HAD A PROBLEM WITH ANY GROUPIES YET, BUT THATS WHY I LET EVERYBODY KNOW, HE'S MINE. AND IF THEY PURSUE AFTER THAT, THEN THERES A PROBLEM. LOL

    I LOVE UR BLOG TAY!AND U SUPER SAVVY GIRLS ARE NOT HOES, BITCHES JUST BE HATIN!

    HOES BE LIKE "WHY U WIT THAT FAT NIGGA?", BUT THEN I SEE THEM EYING MY HUBBY, LOL!

    DONT FEEL SORRY FOR US WIVES TAY! IM HANDLIN MINE. lol

    GEDDOG!!! MUAH!

    ReplyDelete